Monday, March 31, 2014

Transfer #11

Aloha!
 
Transfer time is here once again. I was confident and excited that Sister Rawle and I would stay together for at least one more transfer. That was the plan but last minute things changed. Sister Rawle is being transferred. I know that I am going to cover two wards again and be in a trio. I am kind of freaking out but I know that trasfer planning is done through the spirit. It is times like this that I really come to realize that I need to trust myself as well as the Lord as much as He trusts me. I know that He will not ask me to do anything that I am not capable of. I know that this transfer will come with its share of trials and challenges but it is in those times that we truly turn to the Lord and work through the hard times that we grow and become more like the Savior. I will fill you all in on the details next week. We are hoping that President doesn't pull too many jokes tomorrow at transfer meeting since it will be April Fools day and all. He is the type to take advantage of a holiday like that. We will all have to be on our toes.
 
I know that the Heavenly Fathers plan is perfect. Saturday evening was a series of awsome events. We went to the General Womens Broadcast which was great. It really got me in the General Conference spirit. I can't wait to hear from the prophet, apostles, and other inspired people this coming weekend. It is going to be fabulous. I can only imagine how much work and preparation goes into their talks. And it is a blessing to know that the words that they will speak are the words of the Lord. They are what He would say if He were here. We are so blessed to have a living prohpet on the earth that holds the priesthood of God. It is just such a blessing to hear from him twice a year as he addresses the world. The womens meeting is always an awesome kick start. After that we attended a baptism. It wasn't your ordinary convert baptism, it was special. An elder from our mission had the opportunity to baptize his father. He flew out from Nevada. Elder Tanefski is the only member in his family. His mom died when he was younger. He found the gospel, joined the church and decided to serve a mission. As he has been out the missionaries had been teaching him, his 8th or 9th set. He finally committed to be baptized and made special arrangements so his son could perform the ordinance. It was an incredible event. Elder Tanefski's home bishop and his wife came with his two nonmember brothers. And numerous other extended family that are not members of the church. Elder Tanefski and his father both bore powerful testimonies. The spirit was strong. I was so grateful to be there and be a part of it. Brother Tanefski plans to come back in a year to go through the temple with his son who will still be on his mission! TALK ABOUT A MIRACLE.
Brian (my recent convert) and his wife Kristy were there and I got to sit with them. It is always the greatest blessing to see them. I am just instantly filled with happiness and excitement and I know that they are as well. They are just my people. I would do anything for them. They have changed my life just as much if not more than I have changed theirs. I feel so lucky to know them.
 
It is always hard to know if you are having an impact on those around you. You think that you are doing good but it is hard to tell if it is helping others the way that you would hope. We had fast and testimony meeting yesterday and a number of different people talked about how important missionaries are not only to the non members that they teach but to the members that they strenthen. Many shared personal stories of how Sister Rawle and I have changed their lives and been an answer to prayers. It was every missionaries dream to know that we are indeed making a difference. One of the hardest things about working in a YSA (young singe adult) ward is gaining the members trust because you are close in age. It is important as missionaries to find that balance between missionary and friend. This ward had a history of mistrust and Sister Rawle and I were able to change that just by being ourselves and sharing what we know to be true. We have received more referrals than we know what to do with. The Lord knew what He was doing when He put us together. I just hope this same momentum can continue with my new companions as we have more responsiblity. I know God is at the head of this work and His will in the end will be accomplished.
 
I know this work I am doing is real. I know it changes lives. I love it. There is nothing I would rather be doing right now than serving the Lord.
 
Choose to be happy everyday! :)
I love and miss you all!
 
Sister Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment