Monday, May 19, 2014

Aloha!
 
So there are a lot of little highlights that I want to share with you all this week! It is funny how the hand of the Lord is in all things. I know that He is aware of all of us and is just waiting to give us the help that we need. It is amazing to think that we all struggle with different things yet He can be there to help us all. It is pretty amazing when you think about it. He really is all knowing.
 
1. The mission is reading the Book of Mormon together in companionships everyday to help build unity and invite the Spirit into our lives. Sister Wilkerson and I decided that we were going to forgo the 5 pages a day and read 15 pages so we could complete the Book of Mormon together by the time the transfer is over and I leave. It has been a true blessing to read from the Book of Mormon with her each day. I have noticed that since we started doing this the work has progressed, the Lord trusts us more, we get along better, we have better communication, we have the energy to do the things that we need to, and so many other blessings. My testimony of the reality of the people and experiences in the Bok of Mormon have increased. I know that their expereinces are for my benefit. I know that it is another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that it is true and I feel happy when I read it. Blessings come when we keep the commandments of the Lord.
 
2. We had an awesome dinner with Natalie (our investigator getting baptized on June 6) and Candice (her friend from NorCal that referred her to us) last night. We were able to have a really fun dinner together and then a powerful lesson on the importance of baptism and keeping the sabbath day holy. She has a job on Sundays that keeps her from coming to church. She needs it to financially be able to support herself. It is the only real obstical we have met as we have worked with Natalie. Last night we were able to explain that we had our ward looking for alternative jobs for her and she was touched. She expressed that she wants more than anything to be part of church. She undstands the importance of the sacrament. She wants to be a part of it. The Spirit was strong. She was talking about all the changes she was willing to make to be a part of this gospel. It is amazing to see the affect the truth can have on someone. Her desire to follow Jesus Christ is so pure. She is such an awesome example. I am so hopeful that she will be able to switch up her schedule and find a job that will allow her to come to church on Sundays. She has such a righteous desire. We know it will all work out. The Lord is working in amazing ways in her life. It will be great to see what happens.
 
3. The Lord hears and answers prayers. I have had a lot of different things on my mind this week and I wasn't sure how to make sense of it all and I figured what better place to turn than to my Heavenly Father. As I communicated with Him my desire to stay focused on the work and the things that matter most He blessed me with a clear mind and understanding. Although all of my concerns didn't vanish or disappear they became more managable and didn't seem like such a big deal anymore. Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. He wants us to turn to Him when we are struggling. I know that when we do turn to Him, He will provide the peace we are looking for.
 
4. Finally, in ward council yesteday everyone was picking on me and asking me how long it was until I go home. It hit me that this is it. I really am on the final stretch. There have been multiple times when I have gotten emotional thinking of the fact that life as I know it is only going to last for a little while longer. I was comforted by the idea that there is a time and a season to all things. I know there are many wonderful things to look forward to but I am excited to make these last weeks count. There is a lot of work to be done!
 
I hope you all have a great week! The Lord is aware of each of us and the trials we are expereinceing. If we turn to Him we will receive answers and guidance.
 
I love you all very much!
:) Sister Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment