Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 20, 2013


Greetings from Costa Mesa!

First off I want to apologize for not writing last week. I felt horrible about it. Luckily last week was really slow and I didn't really have much to report anyways. I did get to skype home for Mother's Day which was awesome! It was so good to not only talk to but see my parents and Spencer. I thought I was going to get all homesick and bummed out but I didn't. I was so grateful. I took that as a sign that I am used to being a missionary, finally. 

This week was a busy week with lots of different stuff going on. 
Tuesday we had zone conference from 9:30-3:30. We were trained by the AP's on making our daily/weekly planning more efficient and meaningful. Sister B talked about obedience and faith. President B gave an awesome talk on principles. He taught that a principle is an eternal truth. He then went on to talk about the importance of helping our investigators understand and apply repentance in their lives. I decided later that week to study repentance during my personal study. It is amazing to truly recognize that sacrifice that our Savior made for us which made repentance possible. It is such a comfort to know that Jesus Christ knows exactly what I going through when I feel guilt from sin. It is incredible to know that I can be forgiven. It made me think of the commandment that we are required to forgive all men. This is because that is what Christ would do. He is the perfect example of charity which isn't possible without faith and hope. 

On Wednesday we spent all day helping set up flags for armed forces day. It was an awesome expereince. We helped make and plant 1776 flags. It was hard work and took a lot out of us but it was so much fun. Not to mention seeing the finished product and result of our labors was very neat. You are given countless opportunities as missionaries to participate in great causes. I felt so lucky to be a part of that project. 

Thursday-Saturday we focused on finding new people to teach. We are still struggling to get out investigator to church. We meet with A, the D family, and a few other potential investigators and our lessons go well. We were able to get a few member presents which was awesome as well. It really does make a difference. When we meet with our investigators I feel the Spirit so strongly and I can see that the Holy Ghost is teaching the people we visit but for some reason I feel like it doesn't stick. We are always received well but our investigators aren't keeping their commitments which is frustrating. Costa Mesa is a lot harder to tract in compared to La Habra. People are rude and not interested in listening at all. This week we were threatened a couple times. I mean harmless stuff. People are just freaks. Our investigators do have agency. I have to remember that and realize that everyone I teach is unfortunately not going to be baptized. We just need to remain faithful and work hard to eliviate concerns and find new people to teach. It teaches in Preach My Gospel that success is not measured by how many lessons you taught or how many people you baptized but by how hard you worked and we did all we could this week. We just need to keep doing what we're doing and be patient. 

Sundays are just the best. We had ward council at 7am which was no fun. I actually started the day pretty blah and grumpy but by the end of sacrament meeting the Spirit was there. I was finally able to snap out of is and enjoy the sabbath day.

It is hard to believe that there is only two more weeks in the transfer. Time is flying by. I continue to learn so much about myself from handeling different situations. I am growing, learning, and changing which is always good. 

Life is good. 
I hope you all have a wonderful week!!

Love,
Sister Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment