Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tis the Season

This past week has been busy with so many different things. There has been meetings, lessons, choir practice, choir performances, member visits, confirmations, first presidency messages, etc. There are so many things that I could talk about but I will hit on some of the highlight of the week.

First of all B was confirmed in church yesterday and received the priesthood. It was such a special experience. His mother and step father were there. The Spirit was so strong. I was overwhelmed with joy. As bishop G started the blessing the water works began. I knew that this was what B had been waiting for since day one. The opportunity to have a member of the Godhead as a constant companion. As the blessing closed and B was welcomed in as the newest member of our ward and sustained to receive the priesthood my testimony of this work, the Lords work, was reconfirmed in my heart. I looked back on the journey I had taken with B and K and realized how little I really did. The Lord orchestrated the entire thing. It was done in His timing and in His way. Which is the best way. I know that there is no such thing as coincidences and it was foreordained that I would help bring B to a testimony of the gospel. As B sat down, K and I looked at each other and both just winked. We knew what the other was thinking. This has been in the works since before this earthly life. After sacrament meeting B's step dad asked for a Book of Mormon. They live out of our boundaries but said that we would love to set them up with the other sisters or answer any questions they might have when you are over at the R for a visit. They only live about 10 minutes away in Dana Point. Then they proceeded to invite us over on Christmas. The blessings keep coming. We will be spending the morning with the R's at their place and then heading over with them to his parents place. Best day ever. Espcaially sicne I get to Skype with my family and they can meet the R's. Oh and B's Grandma J is now taking the lessons from the sisters in her area and praying about a baptismal date. This family has been prepared and the Lord is working on their Spirits to help them recognize what they are missing.

Second we had our transfer sisters lunch at the mission home with all the girls we are over on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. S. O made us an incredible lunch and we had a short training on unity. We talked a lot about becoming unified with the Spirit and as we do that we will be more able to be unified with our companions which will help the work move forward. S. B is so great. We teach well together and she has great ideas. We did a white elephant exchange and "speed sisters" (same idea of speed dating) to get to know each other a little better. It was a blast. It was a blessing to be in the mission home and feel of the spirit there. I love being able to be with the other sisters in a more social setting. It helps us all become comfortable as friends so when we go on exchanges we aren't some scary leader as the STLs. I love the sisters that I serve. In many ways I learn much more from them than they do from me. They are bright and beautiful. It is a blessing to work with them and learn from them.

Third I had the chance to visit my old ward in Costa Mesa for a choir performance at their ward Christmas party. Being back in that building and driving the streets brought back so many good memories. I was a little afraid that no one would remember me or care that I was back but I was greeted with so much love and excitement. Some of the relief society ladies even screamed it was fun. It is times like these that I feel so blessed for all of the different experiences I have been blessed with. The time serving the Lord full time is so short. I remember at the beginning of my mission never thinking it would come to an end and now it feels like the end is approaching too fast. Seeing old friends and less actives that are now active made me that much more motivated to keep pushing myself to make the most impact that I can before I have to leave. It is truly an honor to be dong the Lords work and meeting and being influenced by so many of His children.

Fourth and lastly was last nights First Presidency message broadcast. It was an emotional day. B was confirmed and I found out that our ward mission leader was being released. I haven't talked about Brother H much if ever but he has had a lasting impact on my mission. He was dedicated to the work of salvation and loved those that he served with. He was an incredible leader and loved us missionaries. I felt the impression to ask him for a priesthood blessing. We had the chance to spend dinner with his family and watch the broadcast. In between I was given a blessing. I was so thankful for his words and the spirit I felt. it is amazing how many adoptive families you make as a missionary. They know how much our families miss us and vice versa and want to make sure we feel loved. The Hs always did such a great job at that. I promised we would keep him in the loop and he said he would hopefully have us back in his home soon teaching one of his friends! I am so blessed. The gospel truly is a message centered on Jesus Christ with the intent to bring peace to all, just like Elder Nelson talked about last night.

I love this work. I know God is at the head of it all. I pray that you will all look for opportunities to share your testimonies with others especially in this holiday season of giving. Have a giving and not getting attitude. Help others and you will get the most out of it.

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!


S. Kimball :)

No comments:

Post a Comment