Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 15, 2013


Greetings All,
 
This letter is going to be a little shorter than most simply because my p days have been on a weird schedule and not a whole lot to report since my last letter. Work continues to move forward in La Habra. With all the miracles we have been experiencing and all our investigators being baptized we are back to finding. We tract a lot and will continue to until we find new people to teach. Unfortunately, the weather has been super gloomy and overcast the past 3 days. You can't have great weather every day in Southern California I guess.
 
Big news of the week. SM WAS BAPTIZED AND LM WAS CONFIRMED. Never in a million years did I think that I would have two baptisms in a row and all within my first two transfers. I can't help but feel so blessed. I thought that I would be distracted by the fact that I have 2 baptism already but I really haven't been. That has simple been the cherry on top. I have brought two incredible and prepared souls unto Christ with the help of the Spirit.
 
L said she felt all tingly after she received the gift of the Holy Ghost. I could see a physical difference in her. The testimony meeting that followed was very emotional and spiritual. (Many of the young men shared their testimonies. The church is in such good hands. I couldn't help but think of my own brother, Spencer and what a wonderful example he is of putting the work of the Lord ahead of everything else.) She cried in almost every testimony that was borne. The Spirit was working within her so strongly so quickly. It was a privilage to be there and help her on her journey. Her son L was there as well. We didn't have a chance to talk to him much after but I think he definitely felt the Spirit. I can't wait to follow up with him and see what he thought. I am so hopeful and see so mych potential in him. There are some changes he needs to make but with faith and the example of his morther and our Savior I know he can do it.

I had the opportunity to give a talk on the Holy Ghost at S's baptim and it was a great chance to explain and remind myself that the ordinance of baptism is not complete without the confirmation. A baptism by water and by fire are both neccesary. Watching her be submerged under the water then brought back up again was incredible. It was like she was a new person. As I handed her a towel, she said "Wait just a minute, I want to soak this moment up. I feel so good right now." It was great to hear those words. She felt the power of the priesthood and the reality of her sins being washed away. She is such an example. I can't wait to be at her confirmation. Baptisms and confirmations really are such a unique opportunity to reflect on our own covenants and experiences. Just like with L the ward did a wonderful job at welcoming and congratulating her!
 
The next time I write will be transfer day. Who know's what the Lord has in store for me.
I hope you all have a wonderful week. Keep the faith. The Lord is always there.
 
Love,
Sister Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment