Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bye Bye Laguna Beach

Dear Friends and Family!

Transfers are here once more. I can't believe it. The past 6 weeks have gone by so fast. This has been the fastest transfer by far. They always say that the last 6 months just fly by and I never really thought it was true but I am beginning to think that I was wrong. It give me all the more motivation to make the most of the short time that I have left. I got the dreaded call on Saturday night that I will be leaving Laguna Beach. I knew it was coming. I am at peace about it. I love it here and there are many people that I will miss but I know that I will be back to visit. My time is up and I have a work to do somewhere else. Now the question is, where am I going and who am I going to be with? Rumor has it that they are going to try out solo zone leaders and solo STLs which means that your companion is just a normal missionary. This means that they can spread out the leadership. I am kind of freaking out but I know it will all work out in the end. I will be sure to fill you all in next week with the details of what happened. Laguna Beach will always have a special place in my heart. It is the area that I really found myself as a missionary. My excitement and drive has just grown so much. The people I have met and the expereinces I have had will be with me forever. I know that I will be back to visit A LOT.

This week with the new year we have been sharing a message on goal setting and making 2014 an inspired year. It is always amazing to me when we construct the outline of a simple message that we are going to share how different it ends up being with each individual or family that we share it with. The Spirit guides and directs me to share it in such a different way each time depending on the personal background of the people we are talking to. My testimony of goal setting has been strengthened and I have a much deeper understanding of their purpose. In Alma 5:14, 26 a few different questions are posed about our conversion and if we have experienced a change in our hearts and if we have do we continue on in the search for more. A lot of times we lose sight of the little simple things and focus on deeper doctrine. The most important things we can do is stick to the basics. Are we constantly and consistently thinking about our Savior and the true purpose of this life? I know for myself as far as goals go I will write a list of things that I want to work on or accomplish and within days it is either lost or forgotten about. The desire and intentions behind the goals that we set makes all the difference. In missionary work we set goals ALL the time. I have seen a night and day difference between the goals that I take time to think about and those that I just set because I have to. The main difference between the two is whether I involved my Heavenly Father or not. I know when I pray over goals and ask if they are possible and what steps I need to take to acheive them my desire to accomplish them is a lot greater. Uninspired goals are just as good as not setting them at all. I know that my confidence in my goals that are inspired and supported my the Lord are much better. I have been reflecting a lot on the purpose of goals. Why do we need them? Why as missionaries are we encouraged to set goals about EVERYTHING? Why are there key indicators to track our success? For me it boiled down to two things. Gods example and the purpose of this life. First in Moses 1:39 we learn that as Gods children we are His work. As the father of our spirits He has set goals for each of us and planned out ways for us to acheive them. pretty cool when you think about it. Even Heavenly Father works off of a system of goal making. And second we are here on this earth to gain a body and to learn and grow. Goals are a way for us to manage the growth that we are making. They push us to try new things or improve on our weaknesses. It is a way to be accountable for reaching our potential. In the end as we work towards and achieve inspired goals we are really only helping Heavenly Father acheive His goals as well. It is amazing to see the full circle. I am amazed by Gods plan and perfect it truly is. I know there is so much good that we can do. I know that Heavenly Father relies on us to help move His work forward. I pray that you will all consider these things as you set goals for this new year. Remember to keep them simple. Think through the process and plan it out and pray to God to know if they are pleasing to Him. I know that if you will do that the Lord will help you acheive them.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. It is a great time to start fresh and be better. It is never too late to change. I love and miss you all!

:) Sister Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment