Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Years!

Happy New Years Everyone!

It is hard to believe that Christmas is already over. Of course the best part of the day was skyping with my family. It was so good to see their faces and hear their voices. The holiday season really is all about gathering together as family and remembering the things that matter most. It is a season of love and giving. I had a pretty humble Christmas but that is just the way I would have it. I wanted my focus to be on the Savior and all He has done for me. The small gifts from home were thoughtful and made up of memories I never want to forget.

I got to spend a lot of time with the R family and I think it is safe to say that we are life long friends. I wanted nothing more than to introduce them to my family and I got to do that. Although, it was brief and a little awkward it was so good to talk to my brother Spencer. He doesn't quite know what an example he is to me. I remember how hard it was to adjust to the mission field and he is doing so well. And on top of all I had to go through he has another language to worry about. So he is very impressive. It is all about working to find the balance and he will. His service is such a blessing to me. There is so much to be grateful for and there is so much good to be celebrated in this world filled with bad. We just have to take the time to see it and appreciate it. The hand of the Lord is everywhere.

With the new year close at hand I have been doing a lot of reflecting. It was a year ago that I was in Africa with my family. It was a year ago that I was preparing for the temple and my mission. It was a year ago I entered the MTC. And I have spent the majority of this year in the service of my Savior. I can't think of a better way to spend a year. I can't believe it has done by so fast. The great things is I still have 6 months left as a full time missionary and then a lifetime to be a member missionary. I know that I have been in the right places at the right time. I have made plenty of mistakes along the way but have learned and grown so much from them. Heavenly Fathers plan is perfect. I know that there are trials that lay ahead but I know that there are countless blessings awaiting me as well. This is true for each of us. I pray that we will all make the most of this new year. Continue the good habits. Work on breaking the old. And implement new goals that will help us be just a few steps closer to our full potential.

I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you!

Sister Kimball :)

No comments:

Post a Comment