Friday, March 15, 2013

March 11, 2013


Bonjour! 

This week has been full of a lot of anxiety and stress because transfers were coming up this past weekend. There is so much going on in our mission right now and everything was up in the air. It was a possibility that my trainer was going to be emergency transferred to an area that was left emtpy since a Sister had to leave unexpectedly. That would have meant that I would be training by myself in the middle of training. Then we were asked by the AP's in passing if we knew how to ride bikes. I couldn't lie and said yes. That made me paranoid that I was going to be on a bike and La Habra is not flat! There were all these thoughts running wild in my mind and I didn't know what was going to happen. Thursday night passed with no trainers call. And finally on Saturday all our worries were put to rest. I am staying in my area with my trainer in a car for the next transfer as planned since I am being trained in the 12 week program. It is hard to believe that I have completed my first transfer. It is sad to see Elders from my zone and district go but it is fun to welcome in new ones. I love meeting new people so much and being around other missionaries is a blast. Hopefully the new ones coming in will feel welcome and fit in quickly. I am so glad that I don't have to worry about change for another six weeks. 

In zone meeting this week they announced that the First Presidency has made it known to all mission presidents that effective now missionaries are free to email anyone with the limitation of elders within their mission. I am excited to be able to respond to letters quicker and stay in touch more regularly with more people. It is a little stressful since I already feel so rushed to write my regular emails. I'll apologize right now in advance for short responses. My email is kristin.kimball@myldsmail.net. Email me. I would love to hear from people! 

Back to missionary stuff! This week as far as finding and teaching people has been great. We met with the R family who is a less active family that has just started coming back to church and are working towards being sealed in the temple as a family. J the father struggles with tithing and we taught a lesson about it this week. We tried to focus on the fact that it like so many other things is a commandment and an act of faith on our part. It is a way that Heavenly Father tests our obedience and gives us blessings when we follow through. F is such a good example and has been faithfully paying her tithing for weeks now. We are hoping that J will gain a testimony of tithing through putting his trust in God and doing it even when he's not exactly sure why he's doing it. I love the R family so much. I want them to receive the blessings of the temple so much. They are incredible and so generous. They take such good care of us when we are with them. 

We found two new investigators this week. Both seem very promising. The Lord has been placing miracles in our path. E is 28 and a recovering alcoholic. She said she has been looking for religion and wants to make Christ the focus of her life. She is kind of a Jesus freak and we are trying to balance that out. She was receptive to everything we taught and committed to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. We extended a baptismal date for April 7 and she accepted that as well. I am so hopeful that she will receive an answer and progress. I am worried at the same time because she took forever for us to track down. She is busy and it is hard to keep tabs on her. Luckily we have her phone number now. We just hope that she will find time in her crazy schedule to continue to meet with us regularly so she can prepare for baptism. She was a referral from the Spanish Elders in our area.
We found L tracting one night. She told us that her father was a mormon. She said we were an answer to prayers and she had been looking for someone to teach her more about what we believe. She is a truth seeker. We invited her to church and she came. She was overwhelmed since it was her first time but loved it and had a very positive experience. She said she can't wait to learn more about the Savior. I am looking forward to working with her. We didn't have a chance to extend a baptismal date yet but will as soon as we can. I just feel so good about her. When we met her for the first time I was just filled with the Spirit in a way i haven't yet experienced and I could just tell that she was elect. She had been waiting for us. Heavenly Father truly put us in the right place at the right time. She had been living in Idaho and her neighbors were LDS. She said they were so kind and she could tell they were different and had something special. They had taught her a little about the gospel but her son moved her to California before she could learn much. He wanted to have her close by since she is getting older and lived alone. We found her at the best possible time. She is a miracle. I see the hand of the Lord in action. I see how this work is truly His. I am so honored to be an instrument for Him. 

Our other investigators continue on in their same hold ups. We are constant and continue to be there for them in any way that we can. It is so hard to watch others deny themselves of the truth. I wish I could just pray for them but at the same time I am thankful for agency. It will be a wonderful day when I see the true change the gospel can make for someone. I am looking forward to watching the whole process. It takes patience but each step is so fun. 

I am just so blessed to be a missionary. Life is hard and the work is rough but the blessings are countless. I am blessed every day with exactly what I need to move forward and make it to another day. I am changing and growing and becoming the person I know God wants me to be. 

I love you all! Keep the faith. Trust in the Lord. He will never fail you. Have that faith. 

Love,
Sister Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment