Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March 4, 2013



Hello!

This has been a crazy week. I had my first interview with President B and my first exchange. I was so excited for the opportunity to meet with President B. I told him of the progress I have made and what an important role the Savior and Holy Ghost played and continue to play in helping me. The work of a missionary is hard and that is never going to stop being the case. It is the attitude and willingness of the missionary to work hard and be obedient that makes the difference. I know that I am doing the Lords work and I must do it His way to have success. I have been struggling with tracting at night when we have not set lessons. The streets are not lit very well and I am paranoid of being out in the dark in an area I don't know very well. President B said he doesn't want me to be scared. He got quiet for a minute and began to tear up as he told me that there a angels with me and my companion as we do His work. As long as we use good judgement we will be led to places that are safe and Heavenly Father will protect us. Hearing his say this helped me so much. It has not eliminated my fear but it has lessened it. I always pray for our safety and that I will feel comfortable and the Holy Ghost has been there and brought that comfort to my heart. It is amazing how being on a mission stretches me in more ways than I ever knew possible. I am learning things here that I never would have otherwise. President told me that he could already see a huge change in me and was glad that he didn't have to worry about me anymore. He said there are many missionaries in the mission struggling right now. He then said something that both excited me and scared me, he said, Sister Kimball in 8 months I see you being one of the strongest missionaries that I have here. I couldn't beleive he was saying that to me. It made me realize the kind of potential I have and what I want to live up to. I have a lot of growing to do. To close the interview he asked me to bear my testimony. It was a great experience to share with him what I know. That the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way that we can truly find happiness and be able to live with our families forever. The book of Mormon is the word of God. It is the answer to EVERY question or concern we might have. If we will read it and pray about it, the Lord will answer us. God the Father and His son Jesus Christ live and they love us infinitely. God calls prophets to help us and give us extra guidance, Joseph Smith being the first in this last dispensation. He restored the church that Christ established on the earth 2000 years ago. He translated the Book of Mormon. He was a true example of daring to stand alone. We have a prophet today, Thomas S. Monson. He receives inspiration for the members of the church and for the world. He is an inspired man of God. This is just the surface of what I know to be true but it is the foundation that matters. Once we have it we can strengthen and deepen our knowledge and conviction.

Exchanges were a lot of fun. I went to Placentia a town near by and stayed with Sister R. A red headed tomboy from Texas. We had a blast together. We had an appointment every hour of the day and were so busy. I loved it. Especially since Sister N and I are in the finding phase and tract a lot and don't have as many set lessons. She told me how impressed she was with me at the end of exchanges while we were doing a review of the day. She said i was an incredible missionary and she couldn't beleive I was just finishing up my first transfer. I think being 22 helps. I have more life expereince than a lot of the other girls. It was nice to work with another sister. We had amazing unity right off the bat which was nice. i was pretty scared for my fisrt exchange since I hate change but it was a wonderful expereince.

I have been focusing a lot on developing my Christlike attributes. The ones I have chosen to really work on are love and patience. I have prayed for opportunities to work on these and they have come and not always been easy. Whether I am working with a ward member or missionary, or my companion, or investigators. As a missionary you work with so many different people and you don't always get along. My goal has been to be kind and understanding. I never want to make someone else feel bad about themselves. I am here to build others up and be a representative of Jesus Christ.

Update on investigators: Our investigators are doing okay. Slow to progress. P was involved in a car accident this past week. He is fine but is dealing with finding a new car. We are hoping this is kind of a wake up call for him. We are eager to meet with him this week and get more details. A was sick this week and didn't make it to church. We taught her the 10 commandments this week and she committed to keep them. She is progressing beautifly. He parents are still unsure that she should be baptized since she is so young but we are moving ahead. She is 11 and has been attending young womens and really enjoyed it. She has made friends and become quite comfortable with the young women's president. Our bishop has expressed his concern and told us that he wants A to go to primary. He says he can not make exceptions for her since she is 11. We are terrified that A isn't going to understand. One of the things she likes most about church is young womens. We are afraid that she will stop being as interested if we tell her that from now on she has to go to young womens. We don't want to defy his council but we are more worried about our investogator. We're in kind of a hard place. It is hard to explain to an 11 year old that she can't do what she's been doing for the past 2 months because the bishop said so. We are trying our best to figure out a solution.

Anyways, we are doing our best to find people through tracting, street contacting, and MEMBERS!! It is hard but we are working at it and hopeful that we will find new people to teach that will progress and become investigators.

Time is running low. I feel like I am always rushed. Just know that I love you all. The gospel is true. Trust in the Lord.
p.s. Send dearelders to my mission office. I love hearing from people throughout the week and having a hard copy!

:) Sister Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment