Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25, 2013



Hola Friends and Family,

Well things just keeping looking up and getting better and better. Nothing about my days are changing but the attitude that I have and how comfortable I am is improving so much. I am finding so much more joy in the journey. Heavenly Father is blessing me in ways I never knew possible. It is incredible to see His hand in my life and come to realize that He truly does have a plan for me. One of those blessings this week was the opportunity I had to street contact with success. As a missionary you are encouraged to talk to everyone. This is something that I have been struggling with. Luckily it is one of Sister N's strengths. She isn't afriad to talk to anyone. I am trying so hard to follow her example. My testimony of opening your mouth and simply testifying of true doctrine was strengthened as I approched strangers on the street. Although, a lot of people do not listen those that do are what I remember. We had the blessing of coming across three new converts this week. You might think that is incredible and it is but I am quickly learning that in missionary world you are lucky if one of those three keepys their appointment. I am still new and filled with that untouchable optimism. I have faith in everyone. I don't want that fire to burn out. It is something that has helped my desire to talk to everyone grow. It is amazing how my heart and ability to love people has grown. It does not mean that it is always easy to love people but i pray to see how God sees them and it changes my persepective. I focus on who they can become not who they are now. Since we have been tracting and street contacting quite a bit this week our numbers were better than ever. I have come to realize that statistics really don't matter but they do help to motivate me to continue to work hard. When you put faith into action things happen.

Update on investigators:

Our investigators are doing well. We had two come to church yesterday which was wonderful. A continues to grow in the gospel but we have run into a hold up with her parents. They have nothing against the church but are afraid that A is too young to be baptized and is not ready to make that kind of commitment. We are working on them accepting to take the lessons themselves. The best case senario would be to teach and baptize them all together. Her parents are divorced which makes things a little more difficult but we are hopeful things will work out as we continue to teach and not be too pushy. Her father Tony sat in on our last lesson with her and said he would read from the Book of Mormon and pray to know if his daughter should be baptized as well as himself. He is definitely searching for the truth and we are so glad we are here to help him find it through the gospel of Jesus Christ.

P has felt the power of the Spirit but he is not confident that he can feel it when we are not there. We help him feel it while we visit with him but as soon as we leave the Spirit goes with us. He is a good man trying to do his best. He is slow to follow commitments but I think he will get there with our love and persistence.

And finally we have R. She is such a sweetheart. I told Sister N that I was going to be bold with her this week and get down to the real reason she is struggling to be baptized and when we were with her I just couldn't be as straight forward as I had planned. She is fragile and lonely and in need of a friend. I was however able to ask her some direct questions. She explained that she feels like the Book of Mormon is a journal and not as powerful as the Bible. We have made it a goal to read from the Book of Mormon each week with her and strengthen her understanding. She admitted that she is the one holding herself back from knowing if the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. She said she has a hard heart because of things that have happened in her past. She has endured much loss. I think she knows at this point that if she prays Heavenly Father will give her an answer but she isn't at the point of being committed to act on that answer. We pray continually that she will have the desire to change. We challenged her to being a question to church with her. She was there for all three hours and the lesson in Relief Society was all about the comfort and companionship of the Holy Ghost. It was like the lesson was hand picked by the Lord for R. We are so excited and curious to see what Rachels sabbath day experience was like when we meet with her later this week. I'll keep you updated!

I continue to seek guidance on how to be better from my Father in Heaven. I strive to be obedient and deserve the blessings I need at this time. I know He is aware of not only me but my companion and the people that we teach. It is amazing how when you are doing what is right and working hard the Lord will cause miracles to happen. I have seen the definition of miracle change in my life and I have become a lot more grateful for the little things. I have the opportunity to meet with President B this Wednesday for my first round of interviews. I look forward to reporting my progress and receiving council.

During my personal study each day I have been reading from the beginning of the Book of Mormon. Never in my life have I related to the scriptures more. The words of the prophets really do have something realevant to each of us. I'd like to share a verse from 1 Nephi 10:18-19:
18 For he (GOD) is the same yesterday, today, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him (CHRIST).
19 And he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of teh Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round.
I love these verses because it really proves to me that God loves all His children equally and His gospel has never changed. he loves us so much that He has not only prepared a plan of happiness but a specific plan for each of us. All we have to do is seek after it and we will find it. I have been working at having the holy Ghost with me and standing as a witness of God at all times and in all things and in all places as an example to those around me. I want the people of La Habra to have the chance to know God and come unto Him through His son Jesus Christ who is the Savior of the world. My purpose is simple and powerful. It is hard but it is worth it. I am bringing salvation unto the souls of men.

I invite and challenge all of you to look and pray for missionary opportunities and when they come TAKE THEM. The Lord will prepare a way for you in all things like it states in 1 Nephi, this included missionary opportunities. Beleive me, I know it is not easy but it is worth it. The knowledge of the gospel is priceless. It is something that others need. Share it.

I love you all very much!

Sister Kimball (Kris)

No comments:

Post a Comment