Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Greetings from La Habra!


Greetings from La Habra!

The hard times really don't last forever. I am greatful for that. Last week was a struggle. I definitely think I prayed more than I ever have. I still pray often and have times of doubt but for the most part I am enjoying the journey and looking forward to all the things I have to learn. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ changes people in ways that they didn't even know they needed to be changed. I know that the work that I am doing is incredibly important. It is discouraging at times but that doesn't keep me from moving forward. I have been reading in the Book of Mormon a lot recently and I have come to the conclusion that faith truly is the root amd foundation of all things in the gospel. We have to put our trust in the Lord and act on the promptings we are given if we want blessings. This is not always easy. But if we have that faith and follow God he will hold up His end of the bargin 100% of the time. The gospel is simple and plain but it is hard because the work is never over. There is always something more. I have learned to look at this as a blessing. How wonderful that I can always improve myself and become better. As long as we try the Lord will bless you. I know that to be true from a lot of personal experience recently.

La Habra is at the northern tip of the mission. Our area is slow in missionary work right now and we are implementing many of our 'finding' tools to help us navigate to those that are prepared to hear the gospel. We ask everyone that we meet if they know someone that would be interested in the gospel whether they themselves are intertested or not. Sister N is incredible at talking to everyone that crosses our path and giving them a mormon.org or passalong card. I still struggle to have that confidence but it is coming slowly. We tract most days. We don't have a lot of success. We are excited when people listen and accept our invitation to come back to teach a lesson but most times they are not home or don't answer their phones when we call to confirm our appointment. There is a lot of rejection that comes with being a missionary. I have learned quickly to shake that rejection off and seek out those that are ready for the truth. They are out there. I know they are. Faith plays a role in helping us be directed to certain places. We receive referrals from the Spanish Elders and none have proven successful yet but we are hopeful.

Our most progressive investigaror right now is A. She is 11 years old. She has been taught the first 3 lessons. I finally got to meet her on Friday and fell in love with her instantly. She loves to sing and is just so full of life. Her testimony and desire to follow Christ is inspiring. We taught her the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy and she just gets it and commited so willingly. Her parents are divorced and they previous sisters have attempted to teach both her mother and father. Both are supportive of A but claim they are too busy to take the lessons right now. She is such an example to her family. I have a good feeling that as she progresses in the gospel her parents will become more curious. We plan to work on them this week. We extended an invitation for A to be baptized on March 24th and she accepted. We are hopeful that things will go according to plans.

My time is short. I want you all to know that I have a testimony of the gospel. I know that Heavenly Fatehr answers our prayers. Please do your best to be an example to those around you and be a member missionary. Read the scriptures they will answer any question you might be struggling with. I am so greatful for trials and the things we learn from them. The companionship of the Holy Ghost is one of our greatest gifts.

I love you all!

Sister Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment