Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Transfers

Hello All!!
AHHHH!!

Okay so I have learned that transfers are just stressful no matter what. It's the time for someone you have grown to care so much about to go home. You have to deal with a new companion you might not like. You might be plucked from one area and dropped in a new one. And in this case your mission might be changed. There are so many different elements that go into it all. There is a lot of excitement but there is also a lot of stress. So I know you are all eager to hear what transfers had in store for me...well it's official they are trusting me with a greenie this transfer. I will be training which means I won't meet my new companion until tomorrow. She will be fresh from the MTC. I am super nervous and freaked out but excited at the same time. I am staying in Mesa View which means I will be part of the new Irvine mission effective July 1st. It is so weird. I am looking forward to the opportunity to be part of this mission split and experience something new. It is hard to be seperated from such dear friends I have made though. Especially, Sister S and Sister S. I was looking forward to being companions with them someday. Oh well. The Lord has bigger and better plans for us. There are a couple Elders that have been awesome examples to me heading home tomorrow and it is sad to see them go. But I know that Heavenly Father will always provide me with the strength and support that I need. There is so much change happening, and this is the first transfer that I haven't wanted to throw up or cry all day so I'm improving. Those feelings might come tomorrow but I'm confident I'll be alright.
President and Sister Bowen are so wonderful. Transfer meeting was hard because it was focused not so much on the missionaries going home but on the missionaries going to the new mission. They care about us so much. A lot of times people think that mission presidents have keys over missionary work when they don't bishops and steak presidents in any given area have those keys. The mission president has keys over the missionaries. We are their responsibility. And in the process of getting to know each of us there is a tremendous amount of love. It just made me realize that I have incredible leaders to leave behind and wonderful new ones to look forward to getting to know. I want to make President and Sister Bowen proud by being the kind of missionary they have helped me become. I know that I have a purpse in Irvine. I know there are people there waiting for me to teach them the restored gospel. I am scared but I know that Heavenly Father's spirit is with me in all things.

So my last week in Mesa View with Sister M was great. We were able to put our differences aside and really have fun working hard together. AP was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. She was glowing on Saturday. I didn't get to work with A that much. I taught her the last 2 lessons and prepared her for her baptismal interview. I was kind of feeling like I didn't make much of a contribution to her conversion. On Sunday she came up to me and thanked me for teaching her with such conviction. She said she knew that I knew that the things I were teaching her was true. Then she told me that my talk on faith the Sunday before was what really made her reflect on her journey to this point and figure out what was holding her back. It was later on that day that she told us she was ready to be baptized. It is amazing the influence we have on people when we don't even realize it. I think too often we sell ourselves short. I was so grateful that she took the time to share that with me. I was beaming for the rest of the day. She is so solid and has a great amount of faith. She fasted for the first time yesterday, paid fast offerings, and her tithing (which was one of her concerns since her finances are tight). Her faith is overwhelming. She believes that Heavenly Father will make up for what she can't do. I can't wait to work with her on the recent convert lessons with her home/visiting teachers. She was an amazing miracle. I just love her.

We are encouraged as missionaries to use baptisms as missionary opportunities. Although, we were wrapped up in making sure everything for A was figured out we still wanted to invite our investigators to be there. What better place than a baptism to help people feel the spirit. The three D girls were able to attend. They are so willing to come to anything and love it. I just wish their mom was as enthusiastic and interested as they are. We have the girls down now the struggle is getting the mom to commit. Who knows maybe my new companion will be just what she needs. I am excited to keep working with them and see what happens. The Lord can see the bigger picture.

Transfer days are always crazy and my time is shorter than usual. I will be sure to fill you all in on the details of my new companion next week! Thank you for all the support! I could't do it without you all!

Love,
Sister Kimball


(p.s. family members I will respond to your emails next week. Hope you are all doing well. I love you and miss you much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment