Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013

Hi!

It's hard to believe that yesterday was my 5 month birthday as a missionary. Time went by so slow in the beginning and now I can't seem to figure out where all the time is going. This week was solid. Sister Thompson and I continue to get along really well. It is kind of weird because we are a lot alike. You would think that we would drive eachother insane but instead we just understand and can relate to each other super well. Heavenly Father definitely blesses us with the things we need whenwe need them. I had a lot to learn from my first two companions. Although, it was difficult at times I know that I grew so much. Training is not easy. I am not used to being the senior companion and being in charge. I am getting more and more comfortable and Sister T is a great support and cheerleader. Satan was kind of getting to us at the beginning of the week especially me. He was just trying to convince us that we weren't good enough for the job. I was starting to question my abilities as a missionary. It was just a rough day. Needless to say we weren't very productive and we prayed a lot. Heavenly Father truly works in mysterious ways. We decided that Satan wasn't going to win. We have control over our actions and attitudes. We recommitted to being exactly obedient and asked for the Lords hand to direct our work. It wasn't all at once but gradually things got better and better as we started exercising our faith. We had an awesome week after that. We were filled with the Spirit and the work in our area just boomed. Our faith was definitely tried but when we turned our will to the Fathers we witnessed miracles.

We visited multiple less actives that invited us back to visit with them and expressed interest in coming back to church. We found two new investigators through our own finding efforts. We received 5 referrals and our current investigators are progressing. It was incredible the difference we saw when we had faith and hope. The Lord is so ready to help His work move forward. We as missionaries get in the way. We are natural men just like everyone else. It helped us realize that we want to be that worthy and positive instrument for the Lord to use. You might be wondering why I keep saying "we' when in emails past I would always say "I". It is because Sister T and I have had the gift of developing companionship unity very quickly. We are in sync with one another and have expereinced all these things together. We have incredibley open communication and express our feelings and ideas often with one another. We have so much fun being representatives of Jesus Christ. Life is just good.

On Friday we had a departing zones conference for all those that will be transferring to the Irvine mission. It was an opportunity to spend sometime with President and Sister B one last time. We had lunch at the mission home and walked over to the the church building for a brief training. I thought that I would be more sad but really it was a happy occasion. I am blessed with the best of both worlds. Sister B came up to Sister Bi (we came out together) and I after the meeting and gave us big hugs. She said, "I probably shouldn't say this, but you two sisters are going to Irvine because you shined above the rest. We will miss you but you will always be ours. Don't forget to keep in touch and give me the dish on the new mission president and his wife." I just love Sister B so much. She is genuine, kind, and real. She is upfront with her faults and has an incredible testimony. They have been awesome examples and I have truly been impacted by them. I have a lot to live up to. I know I can do it with the Saviors help.

It amazes me that the Lord can bring to pass such amazing things through such imperfect vessels. I loved Elder Holland's comment at conference when he was talking about patience. How we all need to cut eachother some slack. All Heavenly Father has ever had to work with is imperfect things and He deals with it. So can we.

I want you all to know how much I love this gospel. I know that God lives and guides this church through a living prophet, even Thomas S. Monson. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that he atoned for our sins and broke the bands of death. I know that Joseph Smith restored the church and translated the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is a roadmap that testifies of Jesus Christ and leads to happiness. I know that the piesthood power is real and I am grateful for all the worth priesthood holders that I know. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have that families can be together forever. Prayer is real. Heavenly Father knows us individually and loves us. His plan for each of us is inspired and perfect. I know that the power and gift of the Holy Ghost are real. I am thankful for the gift of agency and the ability I have to choose. I choose to follow Jesus Christ and be His representative. I encourage you all to do the same. Be an example. Stand a little taller. Lengthen your stride. And for those of you that might not have a testimony of some of these things don't be discouraged. Go before your heavenly Father and ask with a sincere heart and I know He will answer you. The gospel is beautiful and simple. I love it and don't know what I would do without it.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment